Throughout history, crowns have been the primary image for authority and honor. In the Bible, it is clear that God is the one who crowns kings. All earthly authority comes from him (Rom 13:1-2). In David’s psalm describing the king, we read that God “welcomed him with the blessings of good things and set a crown of fine gold on his head” (Ps 21:3). The king’s crown was a symbol of his representative rule of the kingdom that was ultimately ruled by God, God is the only true authority, the everlasting King. Continue reading BIBLE SIGNS AND SYMBOLS (CROWN)
LOVE – Seeks the highest good of others: Love is not based on emotions or feelings. it is a decision to be committed to the well being of others without any conditions or circumstances.
GREEK WORD FOR LOVE: agape (ah-gah-pey)
SCRIPTURES: 1 John 4: 7-12
Continue reading FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT (GAL 5:22-23)
That’s the answer Paul gives to critics who say he isn’t in the same league as Jesus’ disciples-a dozen men who share the highest office in the early church. The closest the Bible comes to defining apostle is when the word first shows up-when Jesus” 11 disciples search for someone to replace Judas. Candidates must come “from among the men who were with us the entire time we were traveling with the Lord Jesus-from the time he was baptized by John until the day he was taken from us” (Acts 1:21-22). There’s no hint that Paul ever met Jesus during that time. Paul didn’t even convert until about five years after
Continue reading WHO DIED AND MADE YOU AN APOSTLE?
9. Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.
10. Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (JAMES 5:9-12) PATIENCE
6. A fool’s lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PRO 18:6-7) SCRIPTURE ABOUT YOUR TONGUE
7. What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
8. (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 11:7-9)
Scriptures on Haste
Continue reading BIBLE DEFINITIONS (HASTE,HEARKEN, HEART, HEARTH)
Treasures in Heaven
19. Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20. But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (MATTHEW 6: 19-21)
We need each other. It is easier to do right when there are others to encourage us (Ecclesiastes 4:10, 11). But that is not the focus of this tract. Many people believe they can get to heaven alone-with only one of God’s list of salvation essentials. Interestingly, the word “alone” is found 108 times in Scripture (37 times in the New Testament) but is never used with any one of the twenty-six different things to which salvation is attributed. Let’s examine some of the ways that people try to get to heaven “alone.”
Continue reading YOU CAN’T GET TO HEAVEN ALONE!
Now let me remind you, brothers, of what the Gospel really is, for it has not changed-it is the same Good News I preached to you before. You welcomed it then and still do now, for your faith is squarely built upon this wonderful message; and it is this Good News that saves you if you still firmly believe it, unless of course you never really believe it in the first place.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY 1 CORINTHIANS 15:1-9 (CHRIST ROSE FROM THE DEAD)