42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (MARK 9: 42-50: CAUSING TO STUMBLE)
According to John’s Gospel, this was Jesus’ first appearance to HIs disciples after His resurrection. His first word to them was the common greeting used by the Jewish people of that day-a wish for their peace, wholeness, and well-being.
Continue reading BIBLE CUSTOMS & CURIOSITIES (SUPERNATUREAL PEACE)
COMPANIONSHIP – Whereas the creation of male and female mankind was “very good” (Gen 1:31), the creation of the male alone had not yet fulfilled God’s purpose for man as the image of God (Gen 2:18). This expresses no failure on God’s part; instead, it instructs us that a male creature alone is not the perfect creation that God had in mind. Adam needed a wife to be all that God intended him to be, as is normally the case with all men unless God grants otherwise (Matt 19:10-12; 1 Cor 7:6-7). The same, of course, would be true of the woman whom God made for the man (1 Cor 11:9).
Continue reading DEFINITION OF THE DAY (MARRIAGE “COMPANIONSHIP”)
Three of the four Gospels tell her story (Matt 9:20-22; Mark 5:25-34; Luke 8:43-48), yet we don’t know her name. We don’t even know the name of her medical condition, only that she had some sort of incurable bleeding disorder-possibly hemophilia or, more likely, something gynecological in nature mophilia or, more likely, something gynecological in nature. Continue reading WOMAN OF THE BIBLE (A BLEEDING WOMAN)
Horse make their appearance in Scripture as early as Genesis 47:17, where they are mentioned among the possessions the Egyptians handed over to Joseph in exchange for food to survive the seven-year famine. An earlier reference to horses may be found in God’s words to Job about the wonders of creation that humans cannot duplicate: Continue reading SIGNS AND SYMBOLS OF THE BIBLE (HORSE)
Demons apparently are quite intelligent about matters of theology and practice. They are monotheists (this is, they believe that one supreme God exists), though the history of demonic influence shows that they propagandize false belief in imaginary pagan deities. They hold belief in the identification of Jesus as God’s Son, as shown in their confession in Matthew 8:29. They certainly believe in the existence of moral standards and in God’s final judgment concerning evil. So, in many ways, demons believe biblical truth. They have seen the truth close up, and their entire job is to subvert it. You have to know the opposition, so to speak. Continue reading WHAT RELIGION DO DEMONS BELIEVE?
13. But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.
14. And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 THESS 3:13-16)
In Psalm 34, David is on his knees pouring out his heart to God in repentance, thanksgiving, faith, and in request to God for assurance, strength, deliverance, and instruction. He says, “I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” (34:4). Continue reading HOW CAN YOU FIND PEACE?
24. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings; and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.
25. These things have I spoken unto you being yet present with you.
26. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (JOHN 14:24-28)
- This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work
- A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach.
- Not given to wine, no stirker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous:
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (1 TIMOTHY 3:1-6) LEADERS OF THE CHURCH