Three of the four Gospels tell her story (Matt 9:20-22; Mark 5:25-34; Luke 8:43-48), yet we don’t know her name. We don’t even know the name of her medical condition, only that she had some sort of incurable bleeding disorder-possibly hemophilia or, more likely, something gynecological in nature mophilia or, more likely, something gynecological in nature. Continue reading WOMAN OF THE BIBLE (A BLEEDING WOMAN)
Horse make their appearance in Scripture as early as Genesis 47:17, where they are mentioned among the possessions the Egyptians handed over to Joseph in exchange for food to survive the seven-year famine. An earlier reference to horses may be found in God’s words to Job about the wonders of creation that humans cannot duplicate: Continue reading SIGNS AND SYMBOLS OF THE BIBLE (HORSE)
Demons apparently are quite intelligent about matters of theology and practice. They are monotheists (this is, they believe that one supreme God exists), though the history of demonic influence shows that they propagandize false belief in imaginary pagan deities. They hold belief in the identification of Jesus as God’s Son, as shown in their confession in Matthew 8:29. They certainly believe in the existence of moral standards and in God’s final judgment concerning evil. So, in many ways, demons believe biblical truth. They have seen the truth close up, and their entire job is to subvert it. You have to know the opposition, so to speak. Continue reading WHAT RELIGION DO DEMONS BELIEVE?
13. But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.
14. And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 THESS 3:13-16)
In Psalm 34, David is on his knees pouring out his heart to God in repentance, thanksgiving, faith, and in request to God for assurance, strength, deliverance, and instruction. He says, “I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” (34:4). Continue reading HOW CAN YOU FIND PEACE?
24. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings; and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.
25. These things have I spoken unto you being yet present with you.
26. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (JOHN 14:24-28)
- This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work
- A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach.
- Not given to wine, no stirker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous:
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (1 TIMOTHY 3:1-6) LEADERS OF THE CHURCH
- The same God who created life in you can be trusted with the details of your life. MATTHEW 6:25: Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
- Worrying about the future keeps you from doing your best today. MATTHEW 6:26: Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
- Worrying is more harmful than helpful. MATTHEW 6:27: Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
- God does not ignore those who depend on him. MATTHEW 6:28-30: And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29. And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to-morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
- Worry shows a lack of faith and of understanding of God. MATTHEW 6:32: (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Continue reading SEVEN REASONS NOT TO WORRY
In a literal sense, heaven is the eternal dwelling place of God (Gen 24:7), the angels (Gen 28:12), and the saints-Christians who have died (Eph 2:6; Rev 20:4). The imagery surrounding heaving in Scripture is filled with pictures of an otherworldly paradise, the world as it was meant to be in all of its original perfection. Heaven itself is not an image in Scripture-it is a real place, in the same way earth is a real place, in the same way earth Continue reading SIGNS & SYMBOLS OF THE BIBLE (HEAVEN)
1.I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
2. For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PSA 89:1-9, GOD KEEPS PROMISES FOREVER)