Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. Continue reading
SCRIPTURES OF THE DAY (HEBREWS 11:1-12 GREAT EXAMPLS OF FAITH)
1We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 15:1-7 “LIVING TO PLEASE OTHERS”)
COMPANIONSHIP – Whereas the creation of male and female mankind was “very good” (Gen 1:31), the creation of the male alone had not yet fulfilled God’s purpose for man as the image of God (Gen 2:18). This expresses no failure on God’s part; instead, it instructs us that a male creature alone is not the perfect creation that God had in mind. Adam needed a wife to be all that God intended him to be, as is normally the case with all men unless God grants otherwise (Matt 19:10-12; 1 Cor 7:6-7). The same, of course, would be true of the woman whom God made for the man (1 Cor 11:9). Continue reading DEFINITION OF THE DAY (MARRIAGE “COMPANIONSHIP”)
Guilt is bad, many counselors and therapists tell us. Guilt is therapeutic, we learn from the counsel of the Bible. Which is right?
Continue reading WHAT IS THE POINT OF FEELING GUILT (PSALM 38:4)
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (1 JOHN 3:1-6) LIVING AS CHILDREN OF GOD
14. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 7:14-23) STRUGGLING WITH SIN
6. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given t us, whether prophecy,
let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
7. Or ministry,
let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
8. Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth,
let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 12:6-13)
11. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (1 CORINTHIANS 13:11-13)
be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 COR 2: 3&4)
Everybody goes through difficult times. God can seem far away. Friends don’t know how to help. Or you may even feel like pushing everyone away. How have you handled rough stretches?
Continue reading HOW TO MAKE IT THROUGH TOUGH TIMES