- Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:
- But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which thin of us as if we walked according to the flesh.
- For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
- (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
- Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
NOTE: These verses are from the King James Holy Bible Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 CORINTHIANS 10:1-5: PAUL DEFENDS HIS AUTHORITY)
HADES- (Ha’ dez)- The Greek noun hades is used 61 times in the Greek OT (Septuagint) to translate the Hebrew term she’ ol, which refers to the grave or the realm of the dead (Gen 37:35; 1 Sam 2:6; Prov 15:24; cp Ps 16:10 and Acts 2:27, 31). Although the biblical writers were familiar with pagan concepts of a realm of departed spirits ruled by a deity (the meaning of hades in pagan Greek literature), and they occasionally alluded to such ideas, this concept is not taught in Scripture. The picture generally presented by Sheol is the tomb, where the bodies of the dead lie in silence. Continue reading DEFINITION OF THE DAY “HADES”
- Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
- For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eat-eth herbs.
- Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 14:1-9) THE DANGER OF CRITICISM
18. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19. Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22. Professing, themselves to be wise, they became fools, Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 1:18-28) GOD’S ANGER AT SIN
MATTHEW: 7: 4- Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (MATTHEW 7:4 & 5) DON’T CRITICIZE OTHERS
- This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
- For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
- Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good.
- Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
- Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away
- For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 TIM 3:1-6) BEING A CHRISTIAN CAN BE TOUGH
18. What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols? Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (HABAKKUK 2:18-20) GOD EXPLAINS HIS WAYS
3. Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 COR 2: 3&4)