Trumpets in Bible times were made of metal or bone and formed into an instrument at least two feet long. They had a high sound that could be regulated to some degree, but they were used more for signaling than for making music. Rams’ horns, also called shofar, were signaling instruments used to assemble the army (Judg 3:27; 1Sam 13:3) or sound an alarm (Job 39:24-25; Jer 6:1; Amos 3:6). They are the most commonly mentioned instrument in the Bible, with seventy-two references.
18. What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols? Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (HABAKKUK 2:18-20) GOD EXPLAINS HIS WAYS
In a literal sense, heaven is the eternal dwelling place of God (Gen 24:7), the angels (Gen 28:12), and the saints-Christians who have died (Eph 2:6; Rev 20:4). The imagery surrounding heaving in Scripture is filled with pictures of an otherworldly paradise, the world as it was meant to be in all of its original perfection. Heaven itself is not an image in Scripture-it is a real place, in the same way earth is a real place, in the same way earth Continue reading SIGNS & SYMBOLS OF THE BIBLE (HEAVEN)
In the Bible honey was the sweet syrup produced by bees, either wild (1 Sam 14:25-26) or domesticated (2 Chron 31:5). it was a delicacy rather than a necessity of life, a sign of luxury and abundance. Occasionally it is referred to as a medicine: “Pleasant words are like honey from a honeycomb-sweet to the spirit and healthy for the body” (Prov 16:24), Continue reading SIGNS & SYMBOLS OF THE BIBLE (HONEY)
1 SAMUEL 16:1-13
You see a new worker at work. They have the right clothes, the perfect haircut/hair style, the brand name stuff. They’ll probably be popular, right? But what’s going on inside him/her? Can looks tell us that? God instructed the prophet Samuel to bless the new king, one of the sons of Jesse of Bethlehem. Samuel met the first seven sons. Each one looked
1.I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
2. For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.
We begin to understand the significance of Passover when we realize that the word is actually two words: pass over. Passover originated in one the greatest events records in the Old Testament, when the people of Israel were released after four hundred years of slavery in Egypt. God ensured the nation’s exit from bondage with a tenth plague on
Please purchase your jesusway4you gear now. It is top of the line quality you will love your purchase we have shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, bags, phone cases, and even items for Continue reading TOMORROW IS EASTER SUNDAY (HURRY NOW FREE SHIPPING SHIPPING TODAY)
- Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.
- For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
- They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones.
- They have said, Come and let us cut them of from being a nation; that the name Israel may be no more in remembrance.
- For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:
The number 144,000 is used in only one book of the Bible: Revelation. The number relates to a group mentioned in Revelation 7:4-8 made up of twelve thousand people from each of the twelve tribes of Israel. The significance of twelve is heightened by using twelve times twelve as a number. This large, exact number is immediately followed by an even larger and more expansive number in verse 9 (“a large crowd from every