- My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding:
- That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge.
- For the lips of a strange woman drop as a honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:
- But her end is bitter as worm-wood, sharp as a twoedged sword.
- Her feet go down to death; her step take hold on hell.
- Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them.
- Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth.
- Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house:
- Lest thou give thine honour unto others, and thy years unto the cruel:
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 5:1-9) RUN FROM SIN
- Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.
- For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
- They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones.
- They have said, Come and let us cut them of from being a nation; that the name Israel may be no more in remembrance.
- For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PSALM 83:1-5)
1. The King’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.
2. Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.
3. To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.
4. An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin.
5. The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 21:1-12) LEARN BY LISTENING
1. The transgressions of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.
2. For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PSALM 36:1-5) GOD’S GOODNESS IS GREAT
1. Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
2. Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 27:1-4)
- A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.
- When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.
- The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.
- Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 11:1-4) GOD HATES CHEATING
6. Arise, O LORD, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that thou hast commanded.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PSALM 7:6-8) THE PERFECT JUDGE
1. A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
2. The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 22:1-4) GIVING CAN MAKE YOU HAPPY
34. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I come not to send peace, but a sword.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (MATTHEW 10: 34 & 35)
9. Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.
10. Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (JAMES 5:9-12) PATIENCE