10 Moreover the Lord spake again unto Ahaz, saying,
11 Ask thee a sign of the Lord thy God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above.
12 But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the Lord. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ISAIAH 7:10-17: THE SIGN OF IMMANUEL)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
NOTE: This verse comes from the King James Holy Bible Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (JOHN 3:16)
1. I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever.
2. Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.
3. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PSALM 145:1-9)
9. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10. Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-11: AVOIDING SEXUAL SIN)
1 TIMOTHY 2:12 – 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (1 TIMOTHY 2:12, INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT WORSHIP)
ROMANS 10:13-17 – 13. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 10:13-17)
- Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:
- But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which thin of us as if we walked according to the flesh.
- For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
- (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
- Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
NOTE: These verses are from the King James Holy Bible Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 CORINTHIANS 10:1-5: PAUL DEFENDS HIS AUTHORITY)
- Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.
- (It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.)
- Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (JOHN 11: 1-44: THE DEATH OF LAZARUS)
5. For this ye know, no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolaters, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God,
6. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (EPHESIANS 5:5 & 6)
- Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
- The fear of king is as the roaring of a lion: whoso provoketh him to another sinneth against his own soul.
- It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROBERBS 20:1-3)