The disciple “James the less” is mentioned only eight times in the New Testament. Four of those times his name is in a list of the twelve apostles of Jesus. Another four times, he’s mentioned in connection with his family. Continue reading JAMES, SON OF ALPHAEUS: LESS SAID THE BETTER?
34. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I come not to send peace, but a sword.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (MATTHEW 10: 34 & 35)
- Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
- Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandments with promise;)
- That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
- And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nature and admonition of the Lord.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY “EPH 6:1-4”