1. The King’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.
2. Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.
3. To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.
4. An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin.
5. The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 21:1-12) LEARN BY LISTENING
She [wisdom] hath killed her beasts [prepared her meat, NIV]; she hath mingled [mixed, NIV] her wine; she hath also furnished [set, NIV] her table.
Continue reading WISDOM MEAL
Perhaps you have wanted to pray for a friend and didn’t know what to say. When a friend is sick or in trouble, what to pray for is usually obvious. But what about the so-called normal times? What do we say to God after “Please bless my friend”? Paul and Timothy’s travel took them to many cities. They met dozens of people, yet they were concerned about each young church and each young believer. They had heard good things about the
Continue reading HOW TO PRAY FOR A FRIEND