1. And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ISAIAH 12:1-6, THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH)
10 Moreover the Lord spake again unto Ahaz, saying,
11 Ask thee a sign of the Lord thy God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above.
12 But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the Lord. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ISAIAH 7:10-17: THE SIGN OF IMMANUEL)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
NOTE: This verse comes from the King James Holy Bible Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (JOHN 3:16)
1. I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever.
2. Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.
3. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PSALM 145:1-9)
Personal name meaning “full of fear.” An Edomite in the service of King Saul (1 Sam 21:7). He was present at Nob at the time David arrived there during the course of his fighting from Saul. Doeg subsequently reported to Saul that the priest Ahimelech had Continue reading DEFINITON OF THE DAY (DOEG)
1 TIMOTHY 2:12 – 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (1 TIMOTHY 2:12, INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT WORSHIP)
ROMANS 10:13-17 – 13. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 10:13-17)
Writing 500 years before Jesus, Zechariah makes astonishingly accurate predictions about Jesus’ life and ministry. New Testament writers took notice and declared that Jesus fulfilled those prophecies. Here are three of the more obvious prophecies about Jesus. Continue reading PREDICTING JESUS
This synagogue in which Jesus read the Old Testament scriptures was in Nazareth, his hometown in the province of Galilee, Synagogues were built in towns and cities throughout Palestine. Their purpose was not to replace the temple in Jerusalem that served as the central place of worship and sacrifice for all Israel. Synagogues existed to reach the law to local people. Continue reading READING IN A SYNAGOGUE
- Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:
- But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which thin of us as if we walked according to the flesh.
- For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
- (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
- Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
NOTE: These verses are from the King James Holy Bible Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 CORINTHIANS 10:1-5: PAUL DEFENDS HIS AUTHORITY)