Personal name meaning “full of fear.” An Edomite in the service of King Saul (1 Sam 21:7). He was present at Nob at the time David arrived there during the course of his fighting from Saul. Doeg subsequently reported to Saul that the priest Ahimelech had Continue reading DEFINITON OF THE DAY (DOEG)
1 TIMOTHY 2:12 – 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (1 TIMOTHY 2:12, INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT WORSHIP)
ROMANS 10:13-17 – 13. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 10:13-17)
Writing 500 years before Jesus, Zechariah makes astonishingly accurate predictions about Jesus’ life and ministry. New Testament writers took notice and declared that Jesus fulfilled those prophecies. Here are three of the more obvious prophecies about Jesus. Continue reading PREDICTING JESUS
This synagogue in which Jesus read the Old Testament scriptures was in Nazareth, his hometown in the province of Galilee, Synagogues were built in towns and cities throughout Palestine. Their purpose was not to replace the temple in Jerusalem that served as the central place of worship and sacrifice for all Israel. Synagogues existed to reach the law to local people. Continue reading READING IN A SYNAGOGUE
- Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:
- But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which thin of us as if we walked according to the flesh.
- For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
- (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
- Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
NOTE: These verses are from the King James Holy Bible Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 CORINTHIANS 10:1-5: PAUL DEFENDS HIS AUTHORITY)
Isaiah 6 records the prophet’s vision of God, “I saw the Lord.” Yet Exodus 33:20; John 1:18; and 1 John 4:12 state that no one has ever seen God. Continue reading HOW CAN ISAIAH SAY HE SAW THE LORD, WHEN MANY SCRIPTURES DECLARE THAT NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN GOD?
- Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
- For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eat-eth herbs.
- Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 14:1-9) THE DANGER OF CRITICISM
- But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
- That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
- The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
- That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
- To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
- Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
- In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
- Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (TITUS 2:1-8, PROMOTE RIGHT TEACHING)
MATTHEW: 7: 4- Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (MATTHEW 7:4 & 5) DON’T CRITICIZE OTHERS