The Israelites found themselves in the midst of a Canaanite culture that was awash in pagan immorality. These heathen nations had merged spirituality with sensuality to create a very alluring and very dangerous combination. To keep His people from joining this around-the-clock celebration of perversion. God decreed severe punishment for those guilty of sexual sin. Continue reading WHY WERE PENALTIES FOR SEXUAL SIN SO SEVERE? (LEVITICUS 18:29)
God addressed Ezekiel with an unusual title which will later become Jesus’ favorite way of referring to himself. The title is “son of man.” In the original Hebrew language, it’s literally ben Adam or “son of Adam” since Adam means “humans.” Continue reading WHY “SON OF MAN”?
THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE GOD!
- Bend down and hear my prayer, O Lord, and answer me, for I am deep in trouble.
- Protect me from death, for I try to follow all your laws. Save me, for I am serving you and trusting you.
- Be merciful, O Lord, for I am looking up to you in constant hope.
- Give me happiness, O Lord, for I worship only you.
- O Lord, you are so good and kind, so ready to forgive, so full of mercy for all who ask your aid.
- Listen closely to my prayer, O God. Hear my urgent cry.
- I will call to you whenever trouble strikes, and you will help me.
- Where among the heathen gods is there a god like you? Where are their miracles?
- All the nations-and you made each one-will come and bow before you, Lord, and praise your great and holy name.
- For you are great and do great miracles. You alone are God.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY “PSALM 86:1-10”