- My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding:
- That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge.
- For the lips of a strange woman drop as a honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:
- But her end is bitter as worm-wood, sharp as a twoedged sword.
- Her feet go down to death; her step take hold on hell.
- Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them.
- Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth.
- Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house:
- Lest thou give thine honour unto others, and thy years unto the cruel:
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 5:1-9) RUN FROM SIN
Thoughts about Eden make us look back and look forward. The beautiful garden where the first human beings were created is a symbol of a perfect beginning before sin shattered the creation. It was a protected place where God provided for every creature’s needs and had a face-to-face relationship with the man and woman, walking with them in the cool of the day. That Eden is gone. While the general location of the garden is indicated as the Tigris and Euphrates valley (along with two other water channels no longer functioning), all evidence of the paradise that was there has long been erased. The place exists, but the paradise is lost. What a fitting metaphor for the spiritual price we paid for the fall and the curse of sin. But a new heaven and new earth have been promised, an Eden-like place that will once again be the home of those who have been rescued from sin and given an eternal destiny with God.
Continue reading BIBLE SIGNS AND SYMBOLS (EDEN)
HEBREWS 10:26-27,31- For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27- But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Continue reading SOME CHRISTIANS TEACH THAT A “SAVED” PERSON CAN SIN ALL HE/SHE WANTS SINCE THERE IS NO WAY TO LOSE SALVATION. IS THIS TRUE?
Grapevines are a plant well suited to the climate of Palestine. Grapes were cultivated as far back as Noah’s day (Gen 9:20) and were eaten fresh, dried, or crushed to make juice, vinegar, or wine. In an area where water was often in short supply, the juice from grapes became crucial for life. Clusters of grapes as large as five kilograms (twelve pounds) have been reported in Palestine, giving validity to the spies’ account of the grapes in Canaan in
Continue reading BIBLE SIGNS AND SYMBOLS (GRAPES)
Problem: Paul asserts here that Jesus was “made to be sin.” However, many other Scriptures insist that Jesus was “without sin” Continue reading HOW COULD JESUS BE MADE SIN WHEN HE WAS SINLESS? (2 CORINTHIANS 5:21)