Birth is our universal means of arrival in life. We can’t begin to experience all that life has to offer until we have passed through the moment of birth. Life has a formative phase in the womb that the psalmist describes beautifully: Continue reading SINGS AND SYMBOLS (BIRTH)
As epithets go, it’s hard to beat God’s description of David book of Acts: “a man loyal to [God].” A glimpse into David’s life reveals what it takes to be awarded such a designation. Continue reading MEN OF THE BIBLE (DAVID: A MAN LOYAL TO GOD)
Sexual relations between people of the same sex. When discussing homosexuality, the biblical emphasis is on behavior, and the verdict is always that it is sinful.
HOMOSEXUALITY IS A CONSEQUENCE OF REJECTING THE CREATED ORDER. The prima facie case against homosexuality in the Scripture in found in God’s creative plan for human sexuality. God created mankind as male and female, to procreate within the context of marriage (Gen 1:27-28; 2:18-24.) This creation order for human sexuality received the endorsement of both the Lord Jesus Christ (Matt 10:6-9; Matt 19:4-6) and the Apostle Paul (Eph 5:31), On the surface, homosexual behavior should be recognized as sinful because it violates God’s original plan for heterosexual monogamy. Continue reading DEFINITION OF THE DAY (HOMOSEXUALITY)
When God chooses to do anything, His choice involves saying yes to something and no to something else. Here, the choice seems arbitrary to our thinking. It could as well have been firstborn females, or last born, as far as we can jusdge.
Continue reading WHY DOES GOD CLAIM ONLY FIRSTBORN MALES FOR SPECIAL OWNERSHIP?
3. As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
4. Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
5. Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
6. From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (1 TIMOTHY 1:3-11: WARNING AGAINST FALSE TEACHINGS)
There’s no nice way to say it. Rahab was a harlot-in modern parlance, a hooker. At her home atop the wall that surrounded the bustling, ancient city of Jericho, Rahab took in strange men and gave out sexual favors.
Because of her prominent role in the story of Israel, a few prim and proper types have tried to improve Rahab’s image by engaging in a bit of revisionist history. “Maybe,” they’ve suggested, “she wasn’t actually a ‘lady of the night.’ Perhaps she was only an ‘innkeeper.'” Continue reading WOMEN OF THE BIBLE (RAHAB: THE SHADY LADY)
God’s creative work was not complete until He made woman. And then marriage and family became the basis of society-the central organizing unit. God could have made woman from the dust of the ground as He had mad man. God chose, however, to make her from the man’s flesh and bone. In so doing, God illustrated that in marriage man and woman symbolically become one flesh. Continue reading WHAT IS THE IMPORTANT OF MARRIAGE?
It appears that the news will be bad. A crime has been committed, and God will be the chief witness for the prosecution-who is also God. The accused, the people, must listen. But unlike a normal criminal trial, God never forces people to listen, and these people certainly had a choice. Why choose to hear bad news? Continue reading WHY SHOULD PEOPLE LISTEN TO GOD AGAINST THEIR PERSONAL WIHSES?
18. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19. Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22. Professing, themselves to be wise, they became fools, Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 1:18-28) GOD’S ANGER AT SIN