14. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 7:14-23) STRUGGLING WITH SIN
The Good News that God has for people is all wrapped up in the person, life, and teachings of Jesus Christ. When Jesus started His ministry, He declared that a new time in history had arrived. The God who created this world and all its people was now on the planet in a human body. Knowing that God was not far away or disconnected from this Continue reading WHAT IS GOD’S GOOD NEWS? (MARK 1:14)
13. But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.
14. And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 THESS 3:13-16)
- Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
- To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
- For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (TITUS 3:1-5 DO WHAT IS GOOD)
Ephesians 4:13: Be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ.
We can measure our height and weight. But how can we measure our spirit? How can we gauge the maturity of our faith? Paul doesn’t give us a scale to let us know when we’ve arrived at the “full and complete standard of Christ.” Perhaps that’s because most of us never get there in this lifetime. Paul himself confesses in another letter, “I don’t mean to
Continue reading TO-DO LIST FOR THE MATURE
Always be full of joy in the Lord; I say it again, rejoice! Let everyone see that you are unselfish and considerate in all you do. Remember that the Lord is coming soon. Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PHILIPPIANS 4:4-10) “THINK ABOUT THE GOOD”