In three other of his epistles, Paul instructed believers to greet one another in this way (1 Corinthians 16:20: 2 Corinthians 13:12; 1 Thessalonians 5:26). Thus, we can assume that the holy kiss (“kiss of charity,” 1 Peter 5:14) was practiced widely among the early New Testament churches. Continue reading BIBLE CUSTOMS AND CURIOSITIES (PAUL’S “HOLY” KISS)
5. Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;
6. Not with eyeservice, as men pleasers; but as the servant of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (EPHESIANS 6:5-9) SLAVES AND MASTERS
- Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
- To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
- For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (TITUS 3:1-5 DO WHAT IS GOOD)
In Psalm 34, David is on his knees pouring out his heart to God in repentance, thanksgiving, faith, and in request to God for assurance, strength, deliverance, and instruction. He says, “I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” (34:4). Continue reading HOW CAN YOU FIND PEACE?
24. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings; and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.
25. These things have I spoken unto you being yet present with you.
26. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (JOHN 14:24-28)
6. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given t us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
7. Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
8. Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 12:6-13)
As for God, his way is perfect” (Psalm 18:30). God’s way is perfect because His thinking is 100% perfect. His thoughts are perfect because He is 100% perfect in His being. About eight billion people live in the world today. If God created only 99.9 percent of them with a purpose, then He would have no clue why He created eight million of those people. But there is no person created without a purpose. With a 99.9 percent memory, God would have no remembrance of six whole years of the six thousand years since Creation. That missing tenth of one percent would constitute an imperfection. Continue reading GOD’S PERFECT THOUGHTS
- But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
- That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
- The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
- That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
- To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
- Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
- In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
- Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (TITUS 2:1-8, PROMOTE RIGHT TEACHING)
FOOL, FOOLISHNESS- A stupid person or a senseless act. In the Bible, the most foolish person of all is one who denies the reality of God the Father: “The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God” (Ps 14:1; 53:1). Like the Book of Proverbs, where “fool” denotes a person
Continue reading DEFINITION OF FOOL, FOOT-WASHING
Some people quit partway through a candy sale. Some students finish only half their homework. When it comes to bedrooms, some kids give up before everything’s cleansed up. What about digging into the Bible? Isn’t “halfway” good enough for such a big book? Continue reading HOW TO LOVE GOD’S WORD