Some people quit partway through a candy sale. Some students finish only half their homework. When it comes to bedrooms, some kids give up before everything’s cleansed up. What about digging into the Bible? Isn’t “halfway” good enough for such a big book? Continue reading HOW TO LOVE GOD’S WORD
11. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (1 CORINTHIANS 13:11-13)
1.I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
2. For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PSA 89:1-9, GOD KEEPS PROMISES FOREVER)
LOVE – Seeks the highest good of others: Love is not based on emotions or feelings. it is a decision to be committed to the well being of others without any conditions or circumstances.
GREEK WORD FOR LOVE: agape (ah-gah-pey)
SCRIPTURES: 1 John 4: 7-12
Continue reading FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT (GAL 5:22-23)
3. Who forgiveth all think iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4. Who redeemeth thy life form destruction; who crowneth thee with loving-kindness and tender mercies;
5. Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PSALM 103:3-8) GOD’S GREAT LOVE FOR US
Nobody like to be punished: Getting grounded or having privileges taken away aren’t on anyone’s list of “Top Ten Ways to Spend My Weekend.” But after some time has gone by, we can usually see that our parents’ discipline is helping us become better people.
Continue reading HOW TO “LOVE” PUNISHMENT
Aside from its physical definition, arm is used in Scripture as a symbol of power in action–either divine or human. The context will of course determine whether the word is meant literally or figuratively, and whether its figurative sense is power used for good or for evil.
Continue reading BIBLE SIGNS & SYMBOLS (ARM)
Ephesians 5:21- Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Paul offers tips for healthy family relationships as he brings his letter to a close. He talks about husbands and wives, parents and kids, slaves and masters–calling for mutual respect in every relationship.
Continue reading LIFE IN A CHRISTIAN HOME
Love- The high esteem that God has for His human children and the high regard which they, in turn, should have for Him and other people. Because of the hundreds of references to love in the Bible, it is certainly the most remarkable book of love in the world. It records
Continue reading DEFINITIONS OF LOVE,LUKE,LUST
55. I have remembered thy name, O LORD, in the night, and have kept thy law.
56. This I had, because I kept thy precepts.
57. Thy art my portion, O LORD: I have said that I would keep thy words.
Continue reading THANKSGIVING