Ancient Israelites attached a severe social stigma to rape. A young woman victim was “ruined”-she became an outcast with no means of financial support and no prospects for a family of her own. So the law imposed on the perpetrator the responsibility of care for the victim-providing her a home and family-at considerable cost to him. Such an arrangement also reduced the need of the victim’s family to seek forcible revenge, thus sparing the culture much violence. Continue reading OLD TESTAMENT LAW REQUITES A MAN WHO RAPES A VIRGIN TO MARRY HER. WHY FORCE THE VICTIM OF SUCH A TERRIBLE CRIME MARRY THE PERPETRATOR?
SONG OF SOLOMON 3:1- By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.
Continue reading SHOULD PEOPLE BE TALKING ABOUT THESE KINDS OF THINGS IN PUBLIC?
You’d think the almighty God could have figured out a better plan of salvation.
Something less bloody. Something that didn’t involve his Son on a slab. Continue reading WHY DID JESUS HAVE TO DIE?
14. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 7:14-23) STRUGGLING WITH SIN
- This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
- For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
- Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good.
- Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
- Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away
- For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 TIM 3:1-6) BEING A CHRISTIAN CAN BE TOUGH
Ephesians 4:13: Be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ.
We can measure our height and weight. But how can we measure our spirit? How can we gauge the maturity of our faith? Paul doesn’t give us a scale to let us know when we’ve arrived at the “full and complete standard of Christ.” Perhaps that’s because most of us never get there in this lifetime. Paul himself confesses in another letter, “I don’t mean to
Continue reading TO-DO LIST FOR THE MATURE