RAPE- Crime of engaging in sexual intercourse with another without consent, by force and/or deception. Mosaic law required a man who had seduced a virgin to pay the bride price and offer to marry her (Exod 22:16-17). The rape of an engaged woman was a capital offense (Deut 22:25-27). In other cases of rape, the offender was required to Continue reading DEFINITION OF THE DAY (RAPE)
5. Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;
6. Not with eyeservice, as men pleasers; but as the servant of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (EPHESIANS 6:5-9) SLAVES AND MASTERS
18. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 1:18-20) GOD’S ANGER TO SIN
Both men and women of Bible times wore outer robes or cloaks that extended almost to the feet (see note on Gen 37:3; Deu 22:5; and 1 Sam 19:24). These loose-fitting gowns were held tight against the body by a belt or sash (generally referred to as a “girdle” by the King James Version) around the person’s waist. Continue reading BIBLE CUSTOMS & CURIOSITIES (TUCKING IN THE CLOAK)
28. And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29. And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30. And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood and fire, and pillars of smoke. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (JOEL 2:28-32)
- My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding:
- That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge.
- For the lips of a strange woman drop as a honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:
- But her end is bitter as worm-wood, sharp as a twoedged sword.
- Her feet go down to death; her step take hold on hell.
- Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them.
- Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth.
- Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house:
- Lest thou give thine honour unto others, and thy years unto the cruel:
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 5:1-9) RUN FROM SIN
Shameful and unnatural are two words that sum up what Paul has to say about homosexuality. Some Bible translators punch up his criticism with even stronger words: indecent and perversion. “Men committed indecent acts with other men, and
Continue reading PAUL’S TOUGH TAKE ON HOMOSEXUALITY
NUMBERS 5:31- Then shall the man be guiltless from iniquity, and this woman shall bear her iniquity.
This law does not turn a blind eye toward male culpability, but only addresses the difficult problem of due process when a man suspects his wife of sexual impropriety. It is better to engage a public process than to let a jealous man have his vicious way on the theory that a woman is mere property. Far from belittling women, the process recorded here protects
Continue reading WHY DID MEN GUILTY OF ADULTERY GO SCOT-FREE?