28. And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29. And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30. And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood and fire, and pillars of smoke. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (JOEL 2:28-32)
- My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding:
- That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge.
- For the lips of a strange woman drop as a honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:
- But her end is bitter as worm-wood, sharp as a twoedged sword.
- Her feet go down to death; her step take hold on hell.
- Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them.
- Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth.
- Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house:
- Lest thou give thine honour unto others, and thy years unto the cruel:
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 5:1-9) RUN FROM SIN
Shameful and unnatural are two words that sum up what Paul has to say about homosexuality. Some Bible translators punch up his criticism with even stronger words: indecent and perversion. “Men committed indecent acts with other men, and
Continue reading PAUL’S TOUGH TAKE ON HOMOSEXUALITY
NUMBERS 5:31- Then shall the man be guiltless from iniquity, and this woman shall bear her iniquity.
This law does not turn a blind eye toward male culpability, but only addresses the difficult problem of due process when a man suspects his wife of sexual impropriety. It is better to engage a public process than to let a jealous man have his vicious way on the theory that a woman is mere property. Far from belittling women, the process recorded here protects
Continue reading WHY DID MEN GUILTY OF ADULTERY GO SCOT-FREE?