1. And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ISAIAH 12:1-6, THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH)
Any description of God will necessarily use terms and ideas solidly anchored in humor experience. Our own experience, after all, is our only reference point for knowing God. It should be no surprise, then, that most of the emotions people feel are attributed to God at some time: jealousy, fatigue, rapture, love, and even hate. Continue reading IS GOD CAPABLE OF HATE AS WELL AS LOVE? (PSALM 5:5)
In Bible times butler was produced by placing milk in a bag made form an animal skin (see notes on Psalm 119:83 and Matthew 9:17) and shaking it vigorously back an forth until the butter fat separated from the milk. Continue reading BIBLE CUSTOMS AND CURIOSITITES (CHURNING UP ANGER)
- Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
- The fear of king is as the roaring of a lion: whoso provoketh him to another sinneth against his own soul.
- It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROBERBS 20:1-3)
18. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19. Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22. Professing, themselves to be wise, they became fools, Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 1:18-28) GOD’S ANGER AT SIN
25. Wherefore putting away lying, SPEAK EVERY MAN TRUTH WITH HIS NEIGHBOR: for we are members one of another
26. BE YE ANGRY, AND SIN NOT: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (EPHESIANS 4:25-27)
LOVE – Seeks the highest good of others: Love is not based on emotions or feelings. it is a decision to be committed to the well being of others without any conditions or circumstances.
GREEK WORD FOR LOVE: agape (ah-gah-pey)
SCRIPTURES: 1 John 4: 7-12
Continue reading FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT (GAL 5:22-23)
1. Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
2. Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 27:1-4)
Ephesians 4:13: Be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ.
We can measure our height and weight. But how can we measure our spirit? How can we gauge the maturity of our faith? Paul doesn’t give us a scale to let us know when we’ve arrived at the “full and complete standard of Christ.” Perhaps that’s because most of us never get there in this lifetime. Paul himself confesses in another letter, “I don’t mean to
Continue reading TO-DO LIST FOR THE MATURE