Characteristic and action that comes from the very nature of God. On the human level it is best described as one’s consideration of the condition and needs of his fellowman. It is an essential disposition of a covenant people, especially Israel and the church. In the OT God’s
DEFINITION OF THE DAY (MERCY PT1)
A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
3 The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
4 A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.
5 A fool despiseth his father’s instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 15:1-10)
1. And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ISAIAH 12:1-6, THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH)
Any description of God will necessarily use terms and ideas solidly anchored in humor experience. Our own experience, after all, is our only reference point for knowing God. It should be no surprise, then, that most of the emotions people feel are attributed to God at some time: jealousy, fatigue, rapture, love, and even hate.
Continue reading IS GOD CAPABLE OF HATE AS WELL AS LOVE? (PSALM 5:5)
In Bible times butler was produced by placing milk in a bag made form an animal skin (see notes on Psalm 119:83 and Matthew 9:17) and shaking it vigorously back an forth until the butter fat separated from the milk.
Continue reading BIBLE CUSTOMS AND CURIOSITITES (CHURNING UP ANGER)
Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
The fear of king is as the roaring of a lion: whoso provoketh him to another sinneth against his own soul.
It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROBERBS 20:1-3)
18. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19. Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed
it unto them.
20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made,
even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified
him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22. Professing, themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 1:18-28) GOD’S ANGER AT SIN
25. Wherefore putting away lying, SPEAK EVERY MAN TRUTH WITH HIS NEIGHBOR: for we are members one of another
26. BE YE ANGRY, AND SIN NOT: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (EPHESIANS 4:25-27)
LOVE – Seeks the highest good of others: Love is not based on emotions or feelings. it is a decision to be committed to the well being of others without any conditions or circumstances.
GREEK WORD FOR LOVE: agape (ah- gah-pey)
SCRIPTURES: 1 John 4: 7-12
Continue reading FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT (GAL 5:22-23)
1. Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
2. Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 27:1-4)