A shepherd from Midian and his brother stood before Pharaoh and demanded the release of the Hebrew slaves. Pharaoh was the strongman leader of the strongest country in the world. He ignored God’s command to release 600,000 male slaves and their women and children. Despite the demonstration of God’s power-the Nile turned to blood-Pharaoh returned to his palace and put “the whole thing out of his mind” (Exodus 7:23 NLT). Continue reading MEN OF THE BIBLE (PHARAOH: A HEART IN DENIAL)
Children of Bible times, just like kids today, played games of make-believe. These children described by Jesus were pretending to be attending weddings and funerals. They called all their friends to join the fun, but some refused to play. Continue reading BIBLE CUSTOMS AND CURIOSITIES (NOT IN THE GAME)
Butter, or curds and honey were often mixed together and spread on bread, much as peanut butter and jelly are eaten together as a sandwich in modern times. It may have been a staple in the diet of children, since it is mentioned in this verse as food that a young child would eat. Continue reading BIBLE CUSTOMS AND CURIOSITIES (A BUTTER AND HONEY SANDWICH)
Can we feel sorry for the man who invented murder?
Sure. Cain probably felt sorry for himself. He was the first child born into mankind’s fallen state. He friends a cursed land. It would have been a difficult life. He might have felt bitter. Perhaps he felt justified in keeping his best produce for himself and offering God the rest. Continue reading MEN OF THE BIBLE (CAIN: THE “FIRST” DRIP IN THE FLOOD)
- Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
- Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (1 JOHN 3:1-6) LIVING AS CHILDREN OF GOD
14. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 7:14-23) STRUGGLING WITH SIN
- Don’t let the excitement of being young causes you to forget about your Creator. Honor him in your before the evil years come when you’ll no longer enjoy living.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ECC 12:1)
- Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
- Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandments with promise;)
- That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
- And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nature and admonition of the Lord.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY “EPH 6:1-4”
Problem: There were no women for Cain to marry. There was only Adam, Eve (4:1), and his dead brother, Abel (4:8). Yet the Bible says Cain married and had children.
Continue reading WHERE DID CAIN GET HIS WIFE? “GENESIS 4:17”