The term Sabbath come from the Hebrew word for “case.” This day of stopping normal activity and work was to serve as a reminder of God’s rest after the work of creation (Gen 2:2-3). God set aside this day as holy and blessed it as a gift to humankind. Continue reading SIGNS AND SYMBOLS OF THE BIBLE (SABBATH)
- The same God who created life in you can be trusted with the details of your life. MATTHEW 6:25: Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
- Worrying about the future keeps you from doing your best today. MATTHEW 6:26: Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
- Worrying is more harmful than helpful. MATTHEW 6:27: Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
- God does not ignore those who depend on him. MATTHEW 6:28-30: And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29. And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to-morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
- Worry shows a lack of faith and of understanding of God. MATTHEW 6:32: (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Continue reading SEVEN REASONS NOT TO WORRY
Treasures in Heaven
19. Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20. But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (MATTHEW 6: 19-21)
19. Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (MATTHEW 6:19-20)
We need each other. It is easier to do right when there are others to encourage us (Ecclesiastes 4:10, 11). But that is not the focus of this tract. Many people believe they can get to heaven alone-with only one of God’s list of salvation essentials. Interestingly, the word “alone” is found 108 times in Scripture (37 times in the New Testament) but is never used with any one of the twenty-six different things to which salvation is attributed. Let’s examine some of the ways that people try to get to heaven “alone.”
Continue reading YOU CAN’T GET TO HEAVEN ALONE!