40. Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.
41. Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word.
42. So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PSALM 119:40-45)
God addressed Ezekiel with an unusual title which will later become Jesus’ favorite way of referring to himself. The title is “son of man.” In the original Hebrew language, it’s literally ben Adam or “son of Adam” since Adam means “humans.” Continue reading WHY “SON OF MAN”?
C.S. Lewis once said most people make one of two mistakes when considering Satan. Either they give him too much credit and power, or they underestimate his existence and role in this world. Satan does have great power was once an angel who rebelled against God and was thrown out of heaven. Satan’s power is certainly not equal to God’s power. He has limited power far less than God because Satan himself was originally created by God as an angel. Satan’s goal is to keep us from knowing God. Continue reading HOW MUCH POWER DOES SATAN HAVE IN THIS WORLD-AND OVER US? (MARK 3:23-30)
- This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work
- A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach.
- Not given to wine, no stirker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous:
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (1 TIMOTHY 3:1-6) LEADERS OF THE CHURCH
Some people quit partway through a candy sale. Some students finish only half their homework. When it comes to bedrooms, some kids give up before everything’s cleansed up. What about digging into the Bible? Isn’t “halfway” good enough for such a big book? Continue reading HOW TO LOVE GOD’S WORD
- Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
- Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandments with promise;)
- That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
- And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nature and admonition of the Lord.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY “EPH 6:1-4”
Remind your people to obey the government and its officers, and always to be obedient and ready for any honest work. They must not speak evil of anyone, nor quarrel, but be gentle and truly courteous to all. Once we, too, were foolish and disobedient; we were misled by others and became slaves to many evil pleasures and wicked desires. Our lives were full of resentment and envy. We hated others and they hated us.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY “OBEY THE GOVERNMENT” (TITUS 3:1-5)