No, it’s not normal if you mean that people hear God’s audible voice daily. God uses a variety of ways to communicate with us. No one can predict when God will speak in an audible voice. Continue reading IS IT NORMAL FOR PEOPLE TO HEAR THE AUDIBLE VOICE OF GOD?
Some Christian join skeptics on this point. They doubt Matthew’s claim about Mary: “While she was sill a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 1:18). Continue reading A PREGNANT VIRGIN?
- Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
- Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
- Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
- For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eat-eth herbs.
- Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him
In this verse Hosea condemned God’s people for worshiping idols and using black magic and superstition in making decisions. The New International Version translates this verse, “they [God’s people] consult a wooden idol and are answered by a stick of wood.” Continue reading SILLY SUPERSTITIONS
Sadly, Christians are often divided. When division is over trivial matters, such as personal preferences, outsiders have every right to wonder if the gospel is true (John 13:35). But sometimes divisions help to accentuate different expressions of faith and life. These differences help to paint the large pictures of biblical faith. Continue reading WHEN CHRISTIANS AROUND THE WORLD ARE SO OBVIOUSLY DIVIDED, HOW CAN THE BIBLE INSIST ON UNITY AMONG BELIEVERS?
24. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings; and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.
25. These things have I spoken unto you being yet present with you.
26. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (JOHN 14:24-28)
The third person of the Trinity. The Holy Spirit applies the work of Christ to each believer. During the Last Supper, Jesus described what His disciples could expect to discover about the Holy Spirit, whom they would receive shortly after His ascension. Chapters 14-16 of the Gospel of John teach that the Holy Spirit will be with believers forever. He will live with us and in us, teach us, remind us of Jesus’ words, convict us of Continue reading WHAT DOES THE HOLY SPIRIT DO? (JOHN 14-16)
The word one is used more than two thousand times in Scripture. For the most part, these are simply natural used of the number to indicate a solitary individual or item. But in several distinct instances the singular number carries special and symbolic weight. These refer, in order of importance, (1) to God’s revelation of himself as one; (2) to a characteristic of unity related to a group or nation; or (3) to a significant individual. Continue reading SIGNS & SYMBOLS OF THE BIBLE (ONE) (1)
People communicate in may ways. What about God? Does he have an answering machine? How does he call people, how does he lead them, and how should they respond? Many was a young woman when she was engaged to Joseph. One day the angel Gabriel appeared to her and told her that God had a special mission for her. The Holy Spirit would soon cause her to become pregnant, and she would give birth to God’s Son, Continue reading HOW TO RESPOND TO GOD’S LEADING