24. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings; and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.
25. These things have I spoken unto you being yet present with you.
26. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (JOHN 14:24-28)
The third person of the Trinity. The Holy Spirit applies the work of Christ to each believer. During the Last Supper, Jesus described what His disciples could expect to discover about the Holy Spirit, whom they would receive shortly after His ascension. Chapters 14-16 of the Gospel of John teach that the Holy Spirit will be with believers forever. He will live with us and in us, teach us, remind us of Jesus’ words, convict us of Continue reading WHAT DOES THE HOLY SPIRIT DO? (JOHN 14-16)
The word one is used more than two thousand times in Scripture. For the most part, these are simply natural used of the number to indicate a solitary individual or item. But in several distinct instances the singular number carries special and symbolic weight. These refer, in order of importance, (1) to God’s revelation of himself as one; (2) to a characteristic of unity related to a group or nation; or (3) to a significant individual. Continue reading SIGNS & SYMBOLS OF THE BIBLE (ONE) (1)
People communicate in may ways. What about God? Does he have an answering machine? How does he call people, how does he lead them, and how should they respond? Many was a young woman when she was engaged to Joseph. One day the angel Gabriel appeared to her and told her that God had a special mission for her. The Holy Spirit would soon cause her to become pregnant, and she would give birth to God’s Son, Continue reading HOW TO RESPOND TO GOD’S LEADING
As for God, his way is perfect” (Psalm 18:30). God’s way is perfect because His thinking is 100% perfect. His thoughts are perfect because He is 100% perfect in His being. About eight billion people live in the world today. If God created only 99.9 percent of them with a purpose, then He would have no clue why He created eight million of those people. But there is no person created without a purpose. With a 99.9 percent memory, God would have no remembrance of six whole years of the six thousand years since Creation. That missing tenth of one percent would constitute an imperfection. Continue reading GOD’S PERFECT THOUGHTS
When know Ephraim for his childhood and his descendants. Between those two extremes precious little is told of his life, but because he was given precedence over his older brother when both were small and unproven, we can only surmise that God picked him out for a reason. Continue reading MEN OF THE BIBLE (EPHRAIM, FIRST EVEN THOUGH HE WAS SECOND)
WHO ARE THE TWELVE DISCIPLES?
- They were twelve Jewish men whom Jesus called to follow him during his three-year ministry on earth.
- The twelve disciples were from the Galilee region in the north except for Judas Iscariot, who was from Judea in the south.
- Their occupations ranged from fisherman to tax collectors and revolutionaries.
- Some were married (Mark 1:29-31; 1 Cor 9:3-6).
- Some were well-versed in Scripture (John 1:46).
Continue reading THE TWELVE DISCIPLES
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- The same was in the beginning with God.
- All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
- In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
- And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (JOHN 1:1-5)
Brimstone, literally “the stone that burns” is another name for the mineral sulfur. It is found at the surface around the Dead Sea, where it was deposited during the breakdown of sedimentary rocks, Sulfur, when burned, produces an acrid and poisonous smoke. It was sometimes used as a disinfectant, as a fumigant, or as an antiparasitic. It was also associated with volcanic activity. Sulfur’s distinctive odor is present in odorized natural gas, skunk spray, grapefruit, and garlic. It was also used to make the most effective black gunpowder. Today it is used in fertilizer and pesticides, and is also an essential mineral for the human body. Continue reading BIBLE SIGNS AND SYMBOLS (BRIMSTONE)
PRAYER– Communication with God. Because God is personal, all people can offer prayers. However, sinners who have not trusted Jesus Christ for their salvation remain Continue reading DEFINITION OF PRAYER