Because of Rebekah’s kindness to him, Abraham’s servant presented her with gifts of jewelry. The “earring” was actually a nose ring. The servant said later that he had put this piece of jewelry “upon her face” (Genesis 24:47). Continue reading BIBLE CUSTOMS AND CURIOSITIES (JEWELRY FOR THE NOSE AND ARM)
- Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
- To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
- For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (TITUS 3:1-5 DO WHAT IS GOOD)
6. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given t us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
7. Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
8. Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 12:6-13)
1.I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
2. For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PSA 89:1-9, GOD KEEPS PROMISES FOREVER)
LOVE – Seeks the highest good of others: Love is not based on emotions or feelings. it is a decision to be committed to the well being of others without any conditions or circumstances.
GREEK WORD FOR LOVE: agape (ah-gah-pey)
SCRIPTURES: 1 John 4: 7-12
Continue reading FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT (GAL 5:22-23)