- My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding:
- That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge.
- For the lips of a strange woman drop as a honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:
- But her end is bitter as worm-wood, sharp as a twoedged sword.
- Her feet go down to death; her step take hold on hell.
- Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them.
- Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth.
- Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house:
- Lest thou give thine honour unto others, and thy years unto the cruel:
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 5:1-9) RUN FROM SIN
In the Bible honey was the sweet syrup produced by bees, either wild (1 Sam 14:25-26) or domesticated (2 Chron 31:5). it was a delicacy rather than a necessity of life, a sign of luxury and abundance. Occasionally it is referred to as a medicine: “Pleasant words are like honey from a honeycomb-sweet to the spirit and healthy for the body” (Prov 16:24), Continue reading SIGNS & SYMBOLS OF THE BIBLE (HONEY)
1. The King’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.
2. Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.
3. To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.
4. An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin.
5. The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 21:1-12) LEARN BY LISTENING
LOVE – Seeks the highest good of others: Love is not based on emotions or feelings. it is a decision to be committed to the well being of others without any conditions or circumstances.
GREEK WORD FOR LOVE: agape (ah-gah-pey)
SCRIPTURES: 1 John 4: 7-12
Continue reading FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT (GAL 5:22-23)
Most people in Bible times go up early, before the sun was up, so that they could make the most of the hours of daylight and allows for the extreme heat at midday in the summer. Abraham got up early to obey God’s command to sacrifice (Genesis 22:3); Moses got up early in the morning to meet God on Mount Sinai (Exodus 34:4); Job offered worship early in the morning (Job 1:5); Jesus prayed before sunrise (Mark 1:35).
Continue reading MANNERS & CUSTOMS OF THE BIBLE (DOMESTIC ACTIVITIES)
Silver is one of the precious metals mentioned frequently in the Bible. It symbolizes value. Proverbs uses silver alone with gold as significant measures of the even greater value of wisdom: “The profit gained from wisdom is greater than the profit gained from silver. Its yield is better than fine gold” (3:4).
Continue reading SIGNS & SYMBOLS OF THE BIBLE (SILVER)
1. Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
2. Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 27:1-4)
- A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.
- When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.
- The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.
- Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 11:1-4) GOD HATES CHEATING
1. A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
2. The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 22:1-4) GIVING CAN MAKE YOU HAPPY
One of the earliest of iron in making swords. The sword was the primary weapon of warfare throughout the ancient world. As such, it became the primary symbol of warfare in general. The Israelites “put [cities] to the sword” (Deu 13:14 NIV) and “smote [them with the edge of the sword” (Num 21:24 KJV). The defeated enemy was “cut . . . down with
Continue reading BIBLE SIGNS AND SYMBOLS (SWORD)