Personal name meaning “full of fear.” An Edomite in the service of King Saul (1 Sam 21:7). He was present at Nob at the time David arrived there during the course of his fighting from Saul. Doeg subsequently reported to Saul that the priest Ahimelech had Continue reading DEFINITON OF THE DAY (DOEG)
- Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:
- But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which thin of us as if we walked according to the flesh.
- For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
- (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
- Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
NOTE: These verses are from the King James Holy Bible Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 CORINTHIANS 10:1-5: PAUL DEFENDS HIS AUTHORITY)
SORROW- Emotional, mental, or physical pain or stress. Hebrew does not have a general word for sorrow. Rather it uses about 15 different words to express the different dimensions of sorrow. Some speak to emotional pain (Ps 13:2). Trouble and sorrow were not meant to be part of the human experience. Humanity’s sin brought sorrow to them (Gen 3:16-19). Sometimes God was seen as chastising His people for their sin (Amos 4:6-12). To remove sorrow, the prophets urged repentance that led to obedience (Joel 2:12-13; Hos 6:6). Continue reading DEFINITION OF THE DAY (SORROW)
HUNGER- Strong need or desire for food. Scripture contains haunting pictures of hunger. Isaiah 29:8 uses the image of a hungry person dreaming of eating only to awake hungry again. In Lam 4:9 those who fell by the sword are reckoned better off than those pierced by hunger. Hunger frequently takes on a theological significance. Exodus 16:3 recounts Israel’s complaint that Moses led them from Egypt to kill them with hunger in the desert. Continue reading DEFINITION OF THE DAY “HUNGER”
Perhaps you have wanted to pray for a friend and didn’t know what to say. When a friend is sick or in trouble, what to pray for is usually obvious. But what about the so-called normal times? What do we say to God after “Please bless my friend”? Paul and Timothy’s travel took them to many cities. They met dozens of people, yet they were concerned about each young church and each young believer. They had heard good things about the
Continue reading HOW TO PRAY FOR A FRIEND