- Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:
- But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which thin of us as if we walked according to the flesh.
- For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
- (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
- Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
NOTE: These verses are from the King James Holy Bible Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 CORINTHIANS 10:1-5: PAUL DEFENDS HIS AUTHORITY)
For all we know, Thomas may have been the boldest of Jesus 12 disciples-a paragon of courageous service and unshakable loyalty. The New Testament offers evidence to support the notion. After Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, some of the disciples were reluctant to return to Judea, where an attempt had been made of Jesus life. Thomas was the one who finally said, “Let’s go so that we may die with Him” (John 11:16) Continue reading MEN OF THE BIBLE “THOMAS: BELIEF INTERRUPTED”
A missionary gives an inspiring presentation at church. Mother Teresa’s unselfish work with the poor of India is described on television. A preacher’s sermon moves the congregation to tears. You think to yourself, These people are God’s special servants. Could he ever use a plain old regular person like me? Isaiah was a scribe in the royal palace at
Continue reading HOW TO SERVE GOD (ISAIAH 6:1-8)