- Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:
- But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which thin of us as if we walked according to the flesh.
- For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
- (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
- Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
NOTE: These verses are from the King James Holy Bible
- Now I, Paul, plead with you. I plead with the gentleness and kindness that Christ himself gentleness and kindness that Christ himself would use, even though some of you say I am bold in my letters but timid in person.
- I hope it won’t be necessary, but when I come I may have to be very bold with those who think we act from purely human motives.
- We are human, but we don’t wage war with human plans and methods.
- We use God’s mighty weapons, not mere worldly weapons, to knock down the Devil’s strongholds.
- With these weapons we break down every proud argument that keeps people from knowing God. With these weapons we conquer their rebellious ideas, and we teach them to obey Christ.
NOTE: These verses are from the Kids Application Bible for better understanding of the scripture.