1 TIMOTHY 6:3-5 3. If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our LORD Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 TIMOTHY 6:3-5; FALSE TEACHERS AND TRUE RICHES)
ROMANS 10:13-17 – 13. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 10:13-17)
The name of God holds an important key to understanding the doctrine of God and the doctrine of revelation. The name of God is a personal disclosure and reveals His relationship with His people. His name is known only because He chooses to make it known. To the Hebrew mind God was both hidden and revealed, transcendent and immanent. Even though He was mysterious, lofty, and unapproachable, He bridged the gap with mankind by revealing His name. Continue reading DEFINITION OF THE DAY (NAMES OF GOD)
40. Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.
41. Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word.
42. So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PSALM 119:40-45)
John’s use of the “Word” to describe Jesus was a startling new application of a popular expression. The term was used widely by theologians and philosophers, both Jews and Greeks. It described the agent of creation (Psalm 33:6); God’s message to His people through the prophets (Hosea 1:2); and God’s law, His standard of holiness (Psalm 119:11). In Greek philosophy, “the Word” was the principle of reason that governed the world. Continue reading IN WHAT WAY WAS JESUS THE “WORD”?
Knowing Christ makes you alive because God wakes up your spiritual nature that was previously dead. Jesus called that being “born again.” Just as we were born physically and bought into the living, breathing, and moving of physical life, God wants to awaken the spiritual nature He created in each one of us. When we seek God, His Spirit breathes new life into us and we become alive in Christ. Continue reading HOW CAN KNOWING CHRIST MAKE YOU ALIVE?
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- The same was in the beginning with God.
- All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
- In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
- And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (JOHN 1:1-5)
Some people quit partway through a candy sale. Some students finish only half their homework. When it comes to bedrooms, some kids give up before everything’s cleansed up. What about digging into the Bible? Isn’t “halfway” good enough for such a big book? Continue reading HOW TO LOVE GOD’S WORD