5 But if any have caused grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge you all.
6 Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.
7 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.
8 Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.
9 For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.
10 To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;
11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
NOTE: These verses are from the King James Holy Bible.
5. I am not overstating it when I say that the man who caused all trouble hurt your entire church more than he hurt me.
6. He was punished enough when most of you were united in your judgment against him.
7. Now it is time to forgive him and comfort him. Otherwise he may become so discouraged that he won’t be able to recover.
8. Now show him that you still love him
9. I wrote to you as I did to find out how far you would go in obeying me.
10. When you forgive this man, I forgive him, too. And when I forgive him (for whatever is to be forgiven), I do so with Christ’s authority for your benefit.
11. So that Satan will not outsmart us. For we are very familiar with his evil schemes.
NOTE: These verses are from the Kids Application Bible.