Ezekiel is writing from a bad situation to more than 10,000 fellow Jews in the same situation. They’re all exiled a thousand-mile walk from home and living in the heart of the Babylonian Empire, in what is now Iraq. Continue reading MISERY IS GOING TO GET COMAPANY
Before grain was ground into flour, it was sifted in a sieve to remove any dirt or sand that had become mixed in with the grain during the harvesting process (see note on Ruth 3:2). The larger gain would remain in the sieve while the smaller dirt particles would fall through the sieve to the ground. Continue reading BIBLE CUSTOMS AND CURIOSITIES (A SIFTING GOD)
- Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.
- For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
- They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones.
- They have said, Come and let us cut them of from being a nation; that the name Israel may be no more in remembrance.
- For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PSALM 83:1-5)