37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (MATTHEW 13:37-43)
Throughout Scripture we find the wonder and mystery of the human body, designed by God (Psa 139:13-15). Jesus created a body for himself, and Adam was the prototype. Paul described Jesus as “the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation” (Col 1:15). Jesus chose the human body as the from or image he would live in while on his earth mission. Our bodies become symbolic reminders that we were designed with a purpose, shaped to bye the aware and obedient servants of God, the Maker of heaven and earth. Furthermore, the fact that Jesus took on human flesh shows that through the body is dust and is wasting away (Gen 3:19; 2 Cor 4:16), it is good and useful, part of what makes us human beings in the image of God. Continue reading SIGNS AND SYMBOLS OF THE BIBLE (BODY)
Isn’t it amazing how an entire life can change in a moment? That’s the way it happened for the unnamed woman we meet in John 4.
On a nothing-special day in the Samaritan village of Sychar, she was minding her own business when she realized her household water jar was empty. It was unbearably hot out. Perfect, she thought. She probably wouldn’t have to see anyone or talk to anybody. Grabbing her water jar, she slipped out the door. Continue reading WOMAN OF THE BIBLE (THE SAMARITAN WOMAN: MEETING THE THIRST QUENCHER)
12. For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Continue reading SCRIPTION OF THE DAY (1 CORINTHIANS 12:12-16) ONE BODY WITH MANY PARTS
The jailer at Philippi was sleeping soundly while Paul and Silas sang praises to God at midnight. But God caused an earthquake that left him wide awake and terrified. All the locked prison doors swung open and all the prisoners were freed of their constraints. Since his own blood would be shed if they escaped, he probably saw his life flash before his eyes. Continue reading MEN OF THE BIBLE (THE PHILIPPIAN JAILER: FINDING SALVATION)
REVELATION 1:7-9- 7. Behold, he cometh with clouds ; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (REVELATION 1:7-9) VISION OF THE SON OF MAN
MATTHEW: 7: 4- Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (MATTHEW 7:4 & 5) DON’T CRITICIZE OTHERS
JESUS’ USE OF LANGUAGE
(Matthew 7: 3-5).
3. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4. Or how wilt thou say to thy brother. Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye: and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.
Continue reading JESUS THE PREACHER