37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.
42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
NOTE: These verses are from the King James Holy Bible.
37. “All right,” he said. “I, the Son of Man, am the farmer who plants the good seed.
38. The field is the world, and the good seed represents the people of the Kingdom. The weeds are the people who belong to the evil one.
39. The enemy who planted the weeds among the wheat is the Devil. The harvest is the end of the world, and the harvesters are the angels.
40. “Just as the weeds are separted out and burned, so it will be at the end of the world.
41. I, the Son of Man, will send my angels, and they will remove from my Kingdom eveything that causes sin and all who do evil,
42. And they will throw them into the furnace and burn them. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
43. Then the godly will shine like the sun in their Father’s Kingdom. Anyone who is willing to hear should listen and understand.
NOTE: These verses are from Kids Application Bible.