The word one is used more than two thousand times in Scripture. For the most part, these are simply natural used of the number to indicate a solitary individual or item. But in several distinct instances the singular number carries special and symbolic weight. These refer, in order of importance, (1) to God’s revelation of himself as one; (2) to a characteristic of unity related to a group or nation; or (3) to a significant individual. Continue reading SIGNS & SYMBOLS OF THE BIBLE (ONE) (1)
THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE GOD!
- Bend down and hear my prayer, O Lord, and answer me, for I am deep in trouble.
- Protect me from death, for I try to follow all your laws. Save me, for I am serving you and trusting you.
- Be merciful, O Lord, for I am looking up to you in constant hope.
- Give me happiness, O Lord, for I worship only you.
- O Lord, you are so good and kind, so ready to forgive, so full of mercy for all who ask your aid.
- Listen closely to my prayer, O God. Hear my urgent cry.
- I will call to you whenever trouble strikes, and you will help me.
- Where among the heathen gods is there a god like you? Where are their miracles?
- All the nations-and you made each one-will come and bow before you, Lord, and praise your great and holy name.
- For you are great and do great miracles. You alone are God.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY “PSALM 86:1-10”