Continue reading UNDERSTANDING MARK 9:42-50
Mark 9:42 – Jesus has emphasized that receiving lowly persons in Christ’s name means receiving him (read v 37). Now he warns against causing such people who believe in me to sin, that is, to lead them to disbelief or to transgression of God’s moral laws. Any who do this will receive severe punishment from. God (thrown into the sea). This warning applies to anyone who would seek to destroy the faith of a child or a new Christian.
1 TIMOTHY 6:3-5 3. If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our LORD Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 TIMOTHY 6:3-5; FALSE TEACHERS AND TRUE RICHES)
The Bible provides examples of both effective and ineffective financial planning in the face of economic adversity. Examples of good financial planning include Joseph’s preparation for famine in Egypt (Gen 41:34-36), the servants who wisely invested their master’s money (Luke 19:13-19), and the Corinthian believers who laid aside money to help others (1 Cor 16:1-2; cp 2 Cor 9:1-5). Proverbs 27:23-27 counsels a shepherd to know well the condition of his flocks so that they will provide for him in the future, Diversification of investments is advised in Eccles 11:2. Continue reading DEFINITION OF THE DAY (FINANCIAL PLANNING)
1.Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (1 CORINTHIANS 13: 1-8 LOVE IS THE GREATEST)
15. Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16. Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17. That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (EPHESIANS 1:15-19) PAUL’S PRAYER FOR SPIRITUAL WISDOM
Today we know Matthew as the one of the four beloved writers whom God used to chronicle the life of Jesus so we would have it, could refer to it, and could be transformed by it. But Matthew wouldn’t have felt the love during his era. He was from Galilee, and while Rome occupied the area, collaborators like Matthew were the ones who collected taxes for them. Tax collectors were also known to becomes rich by charging more than was due. Continue reading MEN OF THE BIBLE (MATTHEW: TAX COLLECTOR TURNED EVANGELIST)
Ecclesiastes 9:15 NIV- Now there lived in that city a man poor but wise, and he saved the city by his wisdom. But nobody remembered that poor man. Continue reading MEN OF THE BIBLE (THE POOR BUT WISE MAN: MAKING A MARK)
1. A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
2. The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all.
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 22:1-4) GIVING CAN MAKE YOU HAPPY