1. When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,
1 Timothy 2:11 – Women are not to teach men in the church but are to submit and defer to male leadership (read 12, 13, 14).
1 Timothy 2:12 – I DO NOT PERMIT. Paul sell-consciously writes with the authoriy of an apostle (1 Thess 4:1; 2 Thess 3:6), rather than simply offering an opinion. This statement is given in the context of Paul’s apostolic instructions to the church for the ordering of church practice when the church is assembled together. In that context, two things are prohibited: (1) Women are notContinue reading UNDERSTANDING WHY WOMEN SHOULD BE SILENT IN THE MEETING PLACE. BREAKING DOWN 1 TIMOTHY 2:11
1 TIMOTHY 6:3-5 3. If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our LORD Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 TIMOTHY 6:3-5; FALSE TEACHERS AND TRUE RICHES)
1.But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (2 PETER 2:1-4) THE DANGER OF FALSE TEACHERS
3. As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
4. Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
5. Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
6. From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (1 TIMOTHY 1:3-11: WARNING AGAINST FALSE TEACHINGS)
Demons apparently are quite intelligent about matters of theology and practice. They are monotheists (this is, they believe that one supreme God exists), though the history of demonic influence shows that they propagandize false belief in imaginary pagan deities. They hold belief in the identification of Jesus as God’s Son, as shown in their confession in Matthew 8:29. They certainly believe in the existence of moral standards and in God’s final judgment concerning evil. So, in many ways, demons believe biblical truth. They have seen the truth close up, and their entire job is to subvert it. You have to know the opposition, so to speak. Continue reading WHAT RELIGION DO DEMONS BELIEVE?
False teachers add or subtract from the Bible. They often have a “revelation” that allegedly supplies new data about divine matters-data that the Bible fails to reveal, so to speak. False teachers devalue the work of Jesus Christ by making Him less than God incarnate.They twist the trust the meaning of His death or reject the truth of His resurrection. Continue reading HOW CAN A PERSON IDENTIFY A FALSE TEACHER?