Not in itself Wealth can be the source of great blessing when used properly. But money is indeed the world’s preeminent symbol of success and, as such, a constant threat to the soul’s primary loyalty. As evidence of this, we no longer question these “givens” about modern life.Continue reading IS WEALTH IMMORAL?
The formal mention of prostitutes in the Bible is often used to shape our impression of people with whom they were associated. Because the law of God was clear on this matter, the linking of a man with a prostitute, whether sexually or by birth, cast a dark cloud over his character. This included notables like Judah, Jephthah, and Samson (Gen 38:15; Judg 11:1; 16:1). When Joshua sent spies to Jericho, the population was so immoral that the one person of redeeming value found in the city was a prostitute (Josh 2:1). And the image of Ahab was clearly tarnished by the fact that his bloody chariot was washed out at the place where the prostitutes bathed (1 Kings 22:38). By contrast, Israel’s leaders who aggressively expelled shrine prostitutesContinue reading EVERYDAY LIFE IN BIBLE TIMES (PROSTITUTE P2)
3. As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
4. Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
5. Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
6. From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (1 TIMOTHY 1:3-11: WARNING AGAINST FALSE TEACHINGS)
5. For this ye know, no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolaters, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God,
6. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (EPHESIANS 5:5 & 6)