Scholars have debated the interpretation of Isaiah 7:14 for centuries. Three primary views tend to dominate the discussion. One view holds that the prophecy “the virgin will conceive” refers to a young, unmarried woman of marriageable age (the literal meaning of the Hebrew word translated “virgin”), who actually lived an married in the time of Isaiah and then gave birth to a son. Thus, this was not a “virgin birth” but a normal instance of marriage and childbirth.Continue reading WHAT WAS A “VIRGIN”?
Engaging in sexual intercourse prior to marriage. The Song of Songs is an extended poem extolling the virtue of sexual fidelity between a king and his chosen bride. Sexual desire runs strong throughout the song as the king and his beloved anticipate their union together. At intervals the poet repeats a refrain counseling sexual restraint: “Young women of Jerusalem, I charge you, by the gazelles and the wild does of the field; do not stir up or awaken love until the appropriate time” (Song 2:7 HCSB; 3:5; 8:4). To the church in Corinth, a city well-known forContinue reading BIBLE DEFINITION OF THE DAY (PREMARITAL SEX)
Most NT uses of words for purity relate to cleanness of some types. Old Testament meanings are often reflected. Perfection is the meaning in Mark 14:3; this is mixed with religious purity in Heb 10:22; 1 Jhn 3:3. Continue reading DEFINITION OF THE DAY (NEW TESTAMENT)
Sex is such a strong instinct that it affects every other motivation and loyalty. Biologists are just now discovering how the sex drive governs social organization in animal species from monkeys to dolphins. All animals live in hierarchies, and those hierarchies govern who mate with whom. Sex affects everything. Continue reading WHY IS SEXUAL PURITY SO IMPORTANT “1 THESSALONIANS 4:3-8”
You’d think the almighty God could have figured out a better plan of salvation.
Something less bloody. Something that didn’t involve his Son on a slab. Continue reading WHY DID JESUS HAVE TO DIE?
- Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
- Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
As for God, his way is perfect” (Psalm 18:30). God’s way is perfect because His thinking is 100% perfect. His thoughts are perfect because He is 100% perfect in His being. About eight billion people live in the world today. If God created only 99.9 percent of them with a purpose, then He would have no clue why He created eight million of those people. But there is no person created without a purpose. With a 99.9 percent memory, God would have no remembrance of six whole years of the six thousand years since Creation. That missing tenth of one percent would constitute an imperfection. Continue reading GOD’S PERFECT THOUGHTS
- But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
- That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
- The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
- That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
- To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
- Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
- In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
- Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
HOLY – Moral and ethical wholeness or perfection; freedom from moral evil. Holiness is one of the essential elements of God’s nature required of His people. Holiness may also be