In Paul’s time, slaves were branded with distinctive marks to show that they belonged to their masters, much as cattle are branded in modern times (Psa 40:6). Paul declared that his body bore marks from the persecution he had endured in Christ’s service. These showed the he belonged to the Lord Jesus.Continue reading BIBLE CUSTOMS & CURIOSITIES (MARKS OF PERSECUTION)
1We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (ROMANS 15:1-7 “LIVING TO PLEASE OTHERS”)
9. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10. Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-11: AVOIDING SEXUAL SIN)
People have always gotten to heaven by one way only-God’s way-through the work of Jesus Christ, His Son. That is the gospel, God’s Good News: God has made a way through an intractable divide between human sinfulness and divine holiness. That way is Jesus Continue reading BEFORE CHRIST, HOW DID PEOPLE GET TO HEAVEN?
15. Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16. Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17. That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (EPHESIANS 1:15-19) PAUL’S PRAYER FOR SPIRITUAL WISDOM