The parables of Jesus Christ are an essential part of His teachings, and they still hold relevance and importance in our everyday lives. These stories were used by Jesus to explain complex spiritual truths through simple and relatable examples. The parables contain valuable life lessons that can guide and inspire us to live our lives with purpose and meaning.Continue reading HOW THE PARABLES OF JESUS CHRIST IS IMPORTANT IN OUR EVERYDAY LIFE.
The parables of Jesus are some of the most well-known and beloved stories in the world. These short, simple tales were used by Jesus to teach important spiritual lessons to his followers. They are found throughout the Gospels and are still widely studied and discussed today.
A parable is a story that is used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson. Jesus often used parables to teach his followers about the kingdom of God. His parables were simple and easy to understand, but they contained profound truths about the nature of God, the human condition, and the path to salvation.Continue reading THE PARABLES OF JESUS CHRIST.
- God is the Shepherd (Gen 49:24; Ps 23; 80:1).
- God’s appointed leaders are undershepherds (Ezek 34).
- Many people in the Old Testament were shepherds by trade, like Abel, Abraham, Isaac, Rachel, Jacob, Moses, and David.
- Foreign leaders were sometimes called shepherds when their leadership impacted God’s people (Isa 44:28).
- The prophets depicted the distress of Israel without leadership or bad leader in terms of a flock without a shepherd (Ezek 34:1-10; Zech 10:2; 13:7).
- The prophets used shepherds imagery to point to the Messiah to come (Ezek 34:22-24; 37:24; Isa 40:11; Zech 13:7; see also Matt 26:31; Mark 14:27).
Jesus spent a lot of time alone in prayer. This impressed the disciples, so they asked Him to teach them how to pray. Jesus responded by teaching them the Model Prayer, often referred to as the Lord’s Prayer (Luke 11:1-13). A longer version of this prayer appears in His Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 6:9-13). Continue reading TEACHINGS ON PRAYER