- My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding:
- That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge.
- For the lips of a strange woman drop as a honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:
- But her end is bitter as worm-wood, sharp as a twoedged sword.
- Her feet go down to death; her step take hold on hell.
- Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them.
- Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth.
- Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house:
- Lest thou give thine honour unto others, and thy years unto the cruel: