JOHN 11:3 NIV- Now a man named Lazarus was sick. He was from Bethany, the village of Mary and her sister Martha. . . So the sisters sent word to Jesus, “Lord, the one you love is sick.”
As you lie on your sickbed, hoping Jesus shows up in times to heal you, your sisters, Mary and Martha, are doing everything they know to do help you-including sending word to Jesus about your condition. But He doesn’t show up in time and you fade away and die. Continue reading MEN OF THE BIBLE (LAZARUS: BACK FROM THE GRAVE)
Repentance describes the process of sorrow and regret over sin that causes a person to turn away from sin and turn to God. Like most human experiences, repentance comes in true and false versions. True repentance affects the deep inner springs of the human heart; false repentance settles for a change in behavior unconnected to any internal transformation. In the Bible, people often would tear their clothes as a sign of repentance. Continue reading WHAT IS REPENTANCE? “JOEL 2:13”
- My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding:
- That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge.
- For the lips of a strange woman drop as a honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:
- But her end is bitter as worm-wood, sharp as a twoedged sword.
- Her feet go down to death; her step take hold on hell.
- Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them.
- Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth.
- Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house:
- Lest thou give thine honour unto others, and thy years unto the cruel:
Continue reading SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY (PROVERBS 5:1-9) RUN FROM SIN