14. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17. And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope.
21. Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
NOTE: Theses verses are from the King James Holy Bible
14. The law is good, then. The trouble is not with the law but with me, because I am sold into slavery, with sin as my master.
15. I don’t understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead. I do the very thing I hate.
16. I know perfectly well that what I am doing is wrong, and my bad conscience shows that I agree that the law is good.
17. But I can’t help myself, because it is sin inside me that makes me do these evil things.
18. I know I am rotten through and through so far as my old sinful nature is concerned. No matter which way I turn, I can’t make myself do right. I want to, but I can’t.
19. When I want to do good. I don’t. And when I try not do wrong, I do it anyway.
20. But if I am doing what I don’t want to do. I am not really the one doing it: the sin within me is doing it.
21. It seems to be a fact of life that when I want to do what is right. I inevitably do what is wrong.
22. I love God’s law with all my heart.
23. But there is another law at work within me that is at war with my mind. This law wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me.
NOTE: These verses are from the Kids Application Bible