- Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
- Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandments with promise;)
- That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
- And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nature and admonition of the Lord.
NOTE: This verse is from the King James Holy Bible
- Children, obey your parents; this is the right thing to do because God has placed them in authority over you.
- Honor your father and mother. This is the first of God’s Ten Commandments that ends with a promise.
- And this is the promise: that if you honor your father and mother, yours will be a long life, full of blessing.
- And now a word to you parents. Don’t keep on scolding and nagging your children, making them angry and resentful. Rather, bring them up with the loving discipline the Lord himself approves, with suggestions and godly advice.
NOTE: This verse is from the Kids Application Bible