- Here is the Lord’s message to Israel, given through the prophet Malachi:
- “I have loved you very deeply,” says the Lord. But you retort, “Really? When was this?” And the Lord replies, “I showed my love for you by loving your father, Jacob. I didn’t need to.
- I even rejected his very own brother, Esau, and destroyed Esau’s mountains and inheritance, to give it to the jackals of the desert.
- And if his descendants should say, ‘We will rebuild the ruins,’ then the Lord Almighty will say, ‘Try to if you like, but I will destroy it again,’ for their country is named ‘The Land of Wickness,’ and their people are called ‘Those Whom God Does Not Forgive.”
- O Israel, lift your eyes to see what God is doing all around the world; then you will say, “Truly, the Lord’s great power goes far beyond our borders!”
NOTE: This verse is from the Kids Application Bible
- The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.
- I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob’s brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,
- And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
- Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the LORD of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the LORD hath indignation for ever.
- And your eyes shall see, and ye shall say, The LORD will be magnified for the border of Israel.
NOTE: This verse is from The King James Holy Bible