1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
NOTE: These verse are from the King James Holy Bible
- What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see.
- God gave his approval to people in days of old because of their faith.
- By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.
- It was by faith that Abel brought a more acceptable offering to God than Cain did. God accepted Abel’s offering to show that he was a righteous man. And although Abel is long dead, he still speaks to us because of his faith.
- It was by faith that Enoch was taken up to heaven without dying-“suddenly he disappeared because God took him.”* But before he was taken up, he was approved as pleasing to God.
NOTE: These verse are from the Kids Application Bible