Now the Philistines fought against Israel; and the men of Israel fled from before the Philistines, and fell down slain in mount Gilboa.
2 And the Philistines followed hard after Saul, and after his sons; and the Philistines slew Jonathan, and Abinadab, and Malchishua, the sons of Saul.
3 And the battle went sore against Saul, and the archers hit him, and he was wounded of the archers.
4 Then said Saul to his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. So Saul took a sword, and fell upon it.
5 And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise on the sword, and died.
6 So Saul died, and his three sons, and all his house died together.
NOTE: These verses are from the King James Holy Bible.
- Now the Philistines attacked Israel, forcing the Israelites to flee. Many were slaughtered on the slopes of Mount Gilboa.
- The Philistines closed in on Saul and his sons, and they killed three of his sons-Jonathan, abinadab, and Malkishua.
- The fighting grew very fierce around Saul, and the Philistine archers caught up with him and wounded him severly.
- Saul groaned to his armor bearer, “Take your word and run me through before these pagan Philistines come and humiliate me.” But his armor bearer was afraid and would not do it. So Saul took his own sword and fell on it.
- When his armor bearer realized that Saul was dead, he fell on his own sword and died.
- So Saul and his three sons died there together, bringing his dynasty to and end.
NOTE: These verses are from the Kids Application Bible.