1.In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
3 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:
4 And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
NOTE: These verses are from the King James Holy Bible
- Early on Sunday morning,* as the new day was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went out to see the tomb.
- Suddenly there was a great earthquake, because an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and rolled aside the stone and sat on it.
- His face shone like lighting, and his clothing was as white snow.
- The guards shook with fear when they saw him, and they fell into a dead faint.
- Then the angel spoke to the women. “Don’t be afraid!’ he said. “I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.
- He isn’t here! He has been raised from the dead, just as he said would happen. Come, see where his body was lying.
- And now, go quickly and tell his disciples he has been raised from the dead, and he is going ahead of you to Galilee. You will see him there. Remember, I have told you.”
NOTE: These verses are from the Kids Application Bible for better understanding of the scriptures.