1.Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
5. does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
6. does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
7. bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
NOTE: These verses are from the King James Holy Bible
- First, however, let me tell you about something else that is better than any of them! If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth* but didn’t love others, I would only be making meaningless noises like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal.
- If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything. but didn’t love others, what good would I be. And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody.
- If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it;* but if I didn’t love others. I would be of no value whatsoever.
- Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud.
- Or rude. Love does not demands its own way. Love is not irritable and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged.
- It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.
- Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
- Love will last forever, but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages* and special knowledge will all disappear.
NOTE: This verses are from the Kids Application Bible (For better understanding).