1. The King’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.
2. Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.
3. To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.
4. An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin.
5. The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want.
6. The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death.
7. The robbery of the wicked shall destroy them; because they refuse to do judgment.
8. The way of man is froward and strange: but as for the pure his work is right.
9. It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.
10. The soul of the wicked desireth evil; his neighbour findeth no favour in his eyes.
11. When the scorner is punished, the simple is made wise: and when the wise is instructed, he receiveth knowledge.
12. The righteous man wisely considereth the house of the wicked: but God overthroweth the wicked for their wickedness.
NOTE: These verse are from the King James Holy Bible
- Just as water is turned into irrigation ditches, so the LORD directs the king’s thoughts. He turns them wherever he wants to.
- We can justify our every deed, but God looks at our motives.
- God is more pleased when we are just and fair than when we give him gifts.
- Pride, lust and evil actions are all sin.
- Steady plodding brings prosperity; hasty speculation brings poverty.
- Dishonesty gain will never last, so why take the risk?
- Because the wicked are unfair, their violence boomerangs and destroys them.
- A man is known by his actions, An evil man lives an evil life; a good man lives a godly life.
- It is better to live in the corner of an attic than with a crabby woman in a lovely home.
- An evil man loves to harm others; being a good neighbor is out of his line.
- The wise man learns by listening; the simpleton can learn only by seeing scorners punished.
- God, the Righteous One, knows what is going on in the homes of the wicked and will bring the wicked to judgment.
NOTE: These verse are from the Kids Application Bible