7. What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
8. (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
9. And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Note: These verse are from The King James Holy Bible
7. So this is the situation: Most of the Jews have not found the favor of God they are looking for. A few have-the ones God has picked out-but the eyes of the others have been blinded.
8. This is what our Scriptures refer to when they say that God has put them to sleep, shutting their eyes and ears so that they do not understand what we are talking about when we tell them of Christ. And so it is to this very day.
9. King David spoke of this same thing when he said, “Let their good food and other blessings trap them into thinking all is well between themselves and God. Let these good things boomerang on them and fall back upon their head to justly crush them.
Note: These verse are from The Kids Application Bible (To help you get a better understanding)