To: The church of Thessalonica-keep safe in God our Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ.
May God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you rich blessings and peace-filled hearts and minds. Dear brothers, giving thanks to God for you is not only the right thing to do, but it is our duty to God because of the really wonderful way your faith has grown and because of your growing love for each other. We are happy to tell other churches about your patience and complete faith in God. In spite of all the crushing troubles and hardships you are going through.
This is only one example of the fair, just way God does things, for he is using your sufferings to make you ready for his Kingdom, while at the same time he is preparing judgment and punishment for those who are hurting you. And so I would say to you who are suffering, God will give you rest along with us when the Lord Jesus appears suddenly from heaven in flaming fire with his mighty angels, bringing judgment on those who do not wish to know God and who refuse to accept his plan to save them through our Lord Jesus Christ.
They will be punished in everlasting hell, for ever separated from the Lord, never to see the glory of his power when he comes to receive praise and admiration because of all he has done for his people, his saints. And you will be among those praising him because you have believed what we told you about him. And so we keep on praying for you, that our God will make you kind of children he wants to have-will make you as good as you wish you could be!-rewarding your faith with his power.
Then everyone will be praising the name of the Lord Jesus Christ because of the results they see in you; and your greatest glory will be that you belong to him. The tender mercy of our God and of the Lord Jesus Christ has made all this possible for you.
NOTE: These verses are from the KIDS APPLICATION BIBLE
- Paul, and Sil-va’-nus, and Ti-mo’-the-us, unto the church of the Thes-sa-lo’-ni-ans in God our Father and the Lord Je’-sus Christ:
- Grace unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Je’-sus Christ.
- We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each others aboundeth;
- So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
- Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:
- Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you.
- And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Je’-sus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
- In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Je’-sus Christ:
- Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
- When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
- Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:
- That the name of our Lord Je’-sus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Je’-sus Christ.
NOTE: These verses are from THE KING JAMES HOLY BIBLE